For information or to arrange a tour, please call 207-838-2177 or email email@example.com.
The Morrison Center Team is dedicated to providing a therapeutic and healing environment for the children and families we serve.
Our programs provide 24-hour supervision in a highly structured and safe environment on a beautiful 150-acre campus in Southern Maine. It is our goal to work collaboratively with your child, family, community-based supports and others who have a significant role in your child’s life. We hope that by working together, your child can complete our program, progressing to a less restrictive environment and/or return home.
Overall Purpose of Children Programs
The overall purpose of Morrison Center’s Residential Program is to provide comprehensive, individualized residential services for children with disabilities.
It is the objective of Morrison Center Residential Programs to:
- Focus on the capability of each individual to learn, grow and develop to his/her fullest potential, regardless of disability.
- Provide the necessary therapeutic supports to facilitate the growth and healing of each child for lifelong health and well-being.
- Promote self-sufficiency and independence through movement from more to less structured learning situations, predicated by each child’s individual development and skills.
- Maximize opportunities for children to: exercise individual choice; experience self-growth; develop the capacity for meeting normal challenges of daily living; and practice self- advocacy.
- Provide a comprehensive array of services to the child and his/ her family based on their needs and goals as identified in their Treatment Plan.
- Utilize community services and facilities to promote natural relationships and awareness in the community.